girlie jones (girliejones) wrote,
girlie jones

And the personal post

The last two hours are the first two hours I've had to myself all week. As in, they are my first break from running some kind of endurance marathon that the universe has been putting me through and everyone else seems to know I'm doing but me.

After the last post which was about Monday night, things have continued. Work has been full on. And then Tuesday night I got two hours sleep because my boy tossed and turned the whole night. I'm a light sleeper and every time I'd start to drop off, he'd toss and roll over and wake me up. By 3.30 I decided to get up and sleep in the other room. But that room was cold, even with blankets and light so I was up by 6am.

And then I walked through Wednesday like I was trying to swim through mud. I hate that feeling, where you know you're off your game, you feel slightly hung over and you want no real emergencies to happen cause your reflexes are so off. Of course things did keep getting thrown at me. I had an urgent deadline to meet and pages and pages of legalese to plow through to get there. And then I got a phonecall that my rest of the Glitter Rose copies were to be delivered at noon. So I took my lunchbreak to go and be there for the delivery, only to get a call that actually it would 3pm not noon. ARGH! Why do courier companies do that? So then I raced back to work and Mum sorted the delivery. On the way, I sorted out the Australia Post business (they changed the rules to do with overseas prepaid envelopes needing customs decs. but like didn't tell anyone, just started returning them to the sender) and I left my spare tyre to be replaced. After work, I headed back to Mum's and loaded all those boxes into my car. And dreamed of Twelfth Planet Press having warehousing space. Back to my place I began to unload all those boxes. While I was doing that I both broke a tooth (I was eating whilst unloading) and Benji shot off down the street. And I quit for the day.

I was even too tired to sew so I finished Season 3 of Angel and went to sleep before 10pm. I NEVER do that! But I had to be in the city and registered for a technical symposium by 8.30 this morning. And sat through that till ... well just over 2 hours ago when I finally sat down from like rushing since Sunday.

My lovely boyfriend is sorting dinner. And the dentist can't give me an emergency appt til next Weds. And I'm heading off to the US the following week and haven't finished organising everything I need for that. And haven't had time to do anything other than juggle balls being thrown at me all week.

And they say it's nearly the weekend?

Tags: life, stuff

  • Post a new comment


    Comments allowed for friends only

    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded