So the rules for the eligibility of the Norma K Hemming Award have been changed. As per the website:
The Norma K. Hemming Award marks excellence in the exploration of themes of race, gender, sexuality, class and disability:
- in the form of science fiction and fantasy or related artwork or media.
- produced either in Australia or by Australian citizens.
- first published, released or presented in the calendar year preceding the year in which the award is given.
Eligible works are restricted to:
- a single longer work of 17,500 words or more, or
- a collection of shorter works by the one author in a single book.
The work may be a story, a graphic novel, a play or a screenplay.
This does mean that short stories are no longer eligible. However, collections such as those in the Twelve Planets remain eligible.