Apparently we live in a world now where you need to specify that you want "real cheese" when ordering a cheese and tomato toasted sandwich.
There was a great thunderstorm this morning. Last night's lightning was nice but this was ... thundery!! And rain! Benji was super clingy and scaredy dog about it. Which was to his detriment cause had he gone outside to toilet himself I would have left him inside. Instead I didn't have to chase him round the house and picked him up and unceremoniously plonked him outside in the rain. I felt bad as it practically hailed on my drive into work but it's sunny and warm now.
So following on from cassiphone
's Holy Crap post of holy crap - baby in 10 weeks, novel in 4 weeks realisation! Ha. Sooo not laughing. Not really.
I have three days to Natcon. Holy crap! Here is to do list. Expect it to get longer as the number of days shortens. It's not fun if it's not almost impossible!!!
- Find diary
- write editorial for Shiny 5
- sort bios for Shiny 5
- write guest blog post (written)
- sort Natcon bid speech (written)
- sort Horn launch speech
- Horn launch catering
- Books - get printed and packed (Do not panic, Peter!)
- sort flyers and other natcon bid promo material
- complete cv edits for round 2 of critting
- send all of BoE to layout (5 stories to go)
- reschedule Swancon programming discussion meeting (emailed)
- print and post final Shiny Swancon Participation Certificates
- prep ideas for New Sekrit Project 2.
- sort Benji for stay at sister's
- get cashed up
- float and invoices etc for dealers table
- check in early for flight
- recharge ipod and download some podcasts
- ONLY PACK TWO BOOKS FOR THE TRIP
- sort material to pack for Helen