Meanwhile here are a few critiques that we did a bit differently last year:
* ASif! Podcast Episode 2 http://asif_podcasts.podomatic.com/entry/2007-12-26T22_10_26-08_00 - Tansy Rayner Roberts and Alexandra Pierce
Alex and Tansy reviewed Elizabeth Bear's collection New Amsterdam as ASif! Podcast Episode 2. It's worth a listen just to feel like you are sitting drinking tea listening to the two of them discuss why they liked this book.
* Ben Peek’s Aurealis Awards Shortlist Feature Article on ASif! http://www.asif.dreamhosters.com/doku.php?id=aurealis_awards_2007_feature_article
Cause you know ...
Ben reviewed the short stories that made the Aurealis Awards shortlists in 2007. He looks at the works in the context of them being the best Australian works for the year. Some people thought he was harsh.
* Rosaleen Love’s Aurealis Awards Shortlist Feature Article on ASif! http://www.asif.dreamhosters.com/doku.php?id=aa_2007_second_review_introduction
Rosaleen repeated the methodology Ben Peek used in his review above and didn't necessarily disagree with his conclusions but caused far less controversy in the execution.
* The Writing Show Podcast – Seven Days of Halloween Review by Kathryn Linge
Kathryn worked her way through the seven podcasts of Australian horror writers reading out their horror works. And then reviewed them. She couldn't make it all the way through the listening of one story...
* Stephen King Uncollected and Unpublished – review by Tim Kroenert
Tim reviewed the nonfiction work that collated all of Stephen King's unpublished works and their whereabouts.
* Interfictions – reviewed by Tansy Rayner Robers http://www.asif.dreamhosters.com/doku.php?id=interfictions
Tansy attempted to explain just what interstial fiction actually is.
* Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – review by Tansy Rayner Roberts
Tansy read the final Harry Potter book within 24 hours of its release and reviewed it on a day's turnaround.
* Stephen King The Nonfiction reviewed by David Carroll
This review made me want to go out and buy a copy of this book, until I saw the price.